Social responsibility is vital to the Irwin Mitchell Group and we deliver a number of projects across four strands: Our People, Our Community, Our Environment and Our Pro Bono.
We are national members of Business in the Community (BiTC) and in 2013 we were ranked in their Corporate Responsibility Index for the Top 100 responsible businesses, achieving a Gold Standard.
We have strong aims and beliefs which include:
• Helping people to recognise their full potential
• Supporting development in local communities
• Taking responsibility for our environmental impact
• Continuing to provide the best legal advice to those who need it most
• Ensuring our suppliers comply with our social responsibility credentials.
We're proud to support the 2016 British Citizen Awards.
We are aware that our people are our most important asset and as such, we are committed to creating an inclusive and supporting environment. The Our People strand is all about making this happen and our overall aims are to:
• Make Irwin Mitchell a ‘great place to work’ for all
• Create an inclusive and supportive culture
• Build commitment the diversity throughout all levels of the firm
• Provide our people with the opportunity to develop.
Irwin Mitchell has a long history of supporting the communities local to where we operate. When it comes to our social responsibility activity, we aim to:
• Help with the development of the people and places to help them reach their full potential
• Issue support in cases of need, hardship or distress for the general benefit of the regions surrounding our offices
• Provide support to vulnerable groups within our community.
The Irwin Mitchell Charities Foundation (IMCF) is an independent registered charity that was established in 1997 by the partners and employees of Irwin Mitchell. Since its inception, IMCF has donated c. £1 million to charities. Every member of staff is provided with 14 hours to use on voluntary activities every year as we are keen to ensure that we give something back to our local communities.
The group continues to make a number of improvements with regards to our green credentials. We recognise that our activities can have an impact upon the environment at various levels and that it is our responsibility to promote a proactive approach to reducing this impact. We aim to:
• Reduce the firm’s carbon footprint
• Waste less, recycle more
• Reduce business travel.
Our Pro Bono
We believe that we can use our legal expertise to ‘give something back’ to our local communities. We provide free legal advice and representation to individuals and community groups who cannot pay and where public funding is not available. Quite simply – our aim is to ensure access to justice for all.